On July 23, STEMconnector hosted a Twitter Chat to celebrate National Hire a Veteran Day. The Twitter Chat was centered around hiring veterans for National Hire-A-Veteran Day, which is on Saturday, July 25th. National Hire a Veteran Day encourages employers to consider Veterans in their employment strategies.
In conjunction with our Twitter Chat, we released our latest installment in STEMconnector’s new Overlooked Talent Pools Data Series, U.S. Military Veterans in STEM. You may click here to access more of this research.
Participants shared some resources, tips and strategies that they have put together for veterans returning to keep them engaged during the summer. In case you missed the Twitter chat, below are the questions that we asked participants:
- What skills and attributes does a veteran brings to the workplace?
- Is it important for a veteran to identify employment gaps on their resume?
- Based on military experience, how can a veteran determine their experience
level for the workplace?
- What steps can a veteran take to translate military skills/experience into an easy
to understand resume format?
- Does your organization offer training programs to ensure there is a smooth
transition from a military environment to a corporate environment?
If you weren’t able to log on during the chat itself, here’s a recap of what went down.
On the skillset that veterans bring to the workplace
How veterans can identify employment gaps on their resume
Veterans determining their experience level for the workplace
Steps veterans can take to translate military skills/experience into resume format
Thanks to all our featured guests, and to the many others that joined in on Twitter. We hope you’ll join us again for our next Tweet chat session.